October 22, 2014
Macaroni Kid Happy Family Twitter Party Giveaway Rules
Please read these rules before joining the Macaroni Kid Twitter Party and entering into the giveaway sweepstakes during that party. By entering and participating in the Twitter Party Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set forth below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF AND CURRENTLY RESIDING IN ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
1. Giveaway Summary: Entry into this Giveaway begins 9:00 pm (EST) and ends at or about 10:00PM (EST) on October 22, 2014. Any entries received after the giveaway period will not be considered. This giveaway consists of 6 names drawn from all eligible entries during the party. By entering into this sweepstakes, you consent to permitting Macaroni Kid LLC to contact you via Twitter and/or email in the event you win. No purchase necessary and purchase anywhere will not, in any way, increase chances of winning. Winners will be chosen for each Prize Question using www.random.org. Entry in this giveaway does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in this Giveaway, each entrant unconditionally agrees to comply with these official rules.
3. Drawing: Participation in the Twitter Party and entry into this Giveaway begins at begins 9:00 pm (EST) and ends at or about 10:00 pm (EST) on Oct 22, 2014. Each Giveaway will be drawn from entries provided following the posting of a question by either @supahmommy or @macaronikidhq (“Prize Question”). To be eligible, entries must comply with eligibility requirements in Paragraph 6, below. Any entries received after the giveaway period will not be considered. Macaroni Kid will announce the winners of each Prize Question during the party and will post a winner form at the close of the party at or about 11:00 pm. In order to claim his or her prize, the winner must complete the prize form within 24 hours. If a potential winner declines prize, fails to respond to three efforts to contact him or her via Twitter or email or fails to use the prize, Macaroni Kid will not select another winner and the prize will be forfeited. If a dispute arises over a prize, the winner is the person to whom the Twitter account is registered will be awarded the prize.
4. Prizes: The Giveaway prizes will consist of six prizes as follows:
5 Toddler Nutrition Gift Sets (a $50 value each) http://ow.ly/i/7ijgM #GrowandShine
The GRAND PRIZE WINNER will receive 1 Growing Family gift set ($150 value) #GrowandShine http://ow.ly/i/7ijf7
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer any prize. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Macaroni Kid and Sponsor reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
5. Conditions of Participation: Each prize winner is responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes, along with any other fees or expenses (including, but not limited to, shipping if appropriate), associated with any prize he or she wins. Accepting a prize constitutes winner’s consents to the use of their name, city and state for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation or notice, to the extent such use is permitted by law.
6. Eligibility: To be eligible to win a prize, entrant must respond to the Prize Question posed by @supahmommy or @macaronikidhq and must include in their responding tweet:
a. The Prize Question number;
b. the @supahmommy twitter handle; and
c. the hashtag #growandshine
An entrant is not eligible to win if he or she is under 18 years of age as of the time of entry into the Giveaway or not a legal resident of and currently rising in one of the 50 U.S. states or the District of Columbia. Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Odds of winning depend on total numbers of entries. Macaroni Kid is not responsible for problems encountered with computer systems, equipment, failure of email, failure of Twitter, failure of Tweetgrid or other internet platform or app or problems with the internet or entrant’s internet connection. Any entry generated by script, macro or any automated means are ineligible.
Macaroni Kid assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Giveaway. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MACARONI KID LLC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. Disputes/Governing Law/Jurisdiction: Any dispute arising out of this sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the state of New York, without reference to its choice of law rules. By participating in this giveaway, all participants submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the state of New York for resolution of any disputes arising hereunder.
8. Winner Information: Winners’ twitter handles will be posted immediately during the party following each Prize Question. Names of winners can also be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Macaroni Kid, 860 Montauk Highway, Water Mill, NY 11976. Any such request must be received within three months of the date of the Twitter Party.
9. Sponsor: The sponsor of this twitter party is Happy Family.
10. Release: By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify: (i) Macaroni Kid, LLC, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers and advertising and promotion agencies; and (ii) the sponsor identified above from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to: (i) entrant’s participation in the Giveaway, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s))
OCTOBER 1, 2014
Macaroni Kid Holiday Toy Pack Giveaway Rules
Official Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN GIVEAWAYS. A PURCHASE WON’T IMPROVE AN INDIVIDUAL’S CHANCE OF WINNING.
Macaroni Kid, and it’s contributors are used interchangeably as “Macaroni Kid” in the following rules.
1. Eligibility. Giveaways are open to readers with US & Canada shipping addresses only, unless otherwise stated. Entrants must be subscribers to a free Macaroni Kid e-newsletter at the time of the drawing.
2. How to Enter. Entry is typically made by leaving a comment on the giveaway post. A limit of one entry is allowed per e-mail address. You may not enter more than once, whether or not you use a different e-mail address. Subsequent entries determined to be submitted with the same email address or from the same individual using multiple email addresses may be declared ineligible. You may, however, obtain additional entries on a particular giveaway through other channels when applicable and prompted (i.e., by performing an action such as posting to Facebook, mentioning on Twitter, or blogging about the giveaway).
3. Disclaimer. Macaroni Kid will not be responsible for: (a) any late or lost entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures; any giveaway disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Macaroni Kid or by unauthorized human intervention; or (c) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the giveaway.
4. Entry Deadline Date. All entries for giveaways through this site must be received on or before the given “Entry Deadline Date” of October 15, 2014 to be eligible to win a prize.
6. Winner Selection. A prize number will be assigned to your entry upon receipt of your entry. A winning number will be generated using Random.org on or shortly after the Entry Deadline Date. If your Prize Number matches the Winning Number, and you meet the eligibility requirements and otherwise comply with these Official Giveaway Rules, you win the prize.
7. Winner Notification. You will be notified within three (3) days after the Entry Deadline Date if you win the prize.
8. Claiming Your Prize. Winner must respond within three (3) days of notification or forfeit the prize, in which case an alternate winner will be selected.
9. Taxes. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
10. Prize Substitution. Winner may not substitute the prize for any other prize or for cash, however, Macaroni Kid or the sponsoring company may substitute the prize for any other prize of equal or greater value, in its reasonable discretion, in the event the prize is not available for any reason outside of sponsor’s reasonable control. Holiday Prize pack estimated value is $150.
11. Publicity. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name and prize information for promotional purposes in any medium, except where prohibited by law, without further payment or other consideration.
12. Errors and Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the ownership of any entry, the person whose name appears on the entry form associated with the prize number for the winning entry will be deemed to be the winner. It is your responsibility to control access to your email account. In the unlikely event that the winning prize number is duplicated, or a similar error occurs, Macaroni Kid may conduct a random drawing among such inadvertently duplicated numbers or apply another equitable remedy in its discretion to determine the winner. Decisions made by Macaroni Kid are final. By entering the giveaway, you agree to be bound by the decisions of Macaroni Kid and these official rules. You and your entries may be disqualified if you attempt to circumvent these official rules.
13. Technical Problems. The giveaway may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in the opinion of Macaroni Kid any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond its control impairs the integrity of the giveaway.
14. General Release. By entering the giveaway through this website, you release Macaroni Kid from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the giveaway or delivery, misdelivery or acceptance of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.