June 1, 2015
Macaroni Kid Kalahari Poconos Twitter Party Giveaway Rules
Please read these rules before joining the Macaroni Kid Twitter Party and entering into the giveaway sweepstakes during that party. By entering and participating in the Twitter Party Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set forth below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF AND CURRENTLY RESIDING IN ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
1. Giveaway Summary: Entry into this Giveaway begins 8:00 pm (EST) and ends at or about 9:00PM (EST) on June 17, 2015. Any entries received after the giveaway period will not be considered. This giveaway consists of eleven (10) names drawn from all eligible entries. By entering into this sweepstakes, you consent to permitting Macaroni Kid LLC to contact you via Twitter and/or email in the event you win. No purchase necessary and purchase anywhere will not, in any way, increase chances of winning. Winners will be chosen for each Prize Question using www.random.org. Entry in this giveaway does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in this Giveaway, each entrant unconditionally agrees to comply with these official rules.
3. Drawing: Participation in the Twitter Party and entry into this Giveaway begins at begins 8:00 pm (EST) and ends at or about 9:00 pm (EST) June 17, 2015. Each Giveaway will be drawn from entries provided following the posting of a question by either @supahmommy or @MacKidMamaBear (“Prize Question”). Any entries received after the giveaway period will not be considered. Macaroni Kid will announce the winners of each Prize Question during the party and will post a winner form at the close of the party at or about 9:00 pm. In order to claim his or her prize, the winner must complete the prize form within 24 hours. If a potential winner declines prize, fails to respond to three efforts to contact him or her via Twitter or fails to use the prize, Macaroni Kid will not select another winner and the prize will be forfeited. If a dispute arises over a prize, the winner is the person to whom the Twitter account is registered will be awarded the prize.
4. Prizes: The Giveaway prizes will consist of 10 prizes, each an overnight stay (for up to 4 people) at a Kalahari resorts property of the winers’ choice. Kalahari Resorts properties include: Wisconsin Dells, WI; Sandusky, OH and Pocono Mountains, PA. Some black-out periods are excluded and overnight stays will be for weekday stays during non black-out periods.
Approximate total retail value of each prize: $149. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer any prize. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Macaroni Kid and Sponsor reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
5. Conditions of Participation: Each prize winner is responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes, along with any other fees or expenses, associated with any prize he or she wins. Accepting a prize constitutes winner’s consents to the use of their name, city and state for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation or notice, to the extent such use is permitted by law.
6. Eligibility: To be eligible to win a prize, entrant must fill out the RSVP form and respond to the Prize Question posed by @supahmommy or @MacKidMamaBear and must include in their responding tweet:
Entrant is not eligible to win if he or she is under 18 years of age as of the time of entry into the Giveaway or not a legal resident of and currently rising in one of the 50 U.S. states or the District of Columbia. Employees of Macaroni Kid, LLC are not eligible, however Macaroni Kid Publishers and/or affiliates who are not employees of Macaroni Kid are eligible to enter and win provided that all other eligibility requirements are satisfied. Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Odds of winning depend on total numbers of entries. Macaroni Kid is not responsible for problems encountered with computer systems, equipment, failure of email, failure of Twitter, failure of Hootsuite, Twubs or other internet platform or app or problems with the internet or entrant’s internet connection. Any entry generated by script, macro or any automated means is ineligible.
Macaroni Kid assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Giveaway. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MACARONI KID LLC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. Disputes/Governing Law/Jurisdiction: Any dispute arising out of this sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the state of New York, without reference to its choice of law rules. By participating in this giveaway, all participants submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the state of New York for resolution of any disputes arising hereunder.
8. Winner Information: Winners’ twitter handles will be posted immediately during the party following each Prize Question. Names of winners can also be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Macaroni Kid, 860 Montauk Highway, Water Mill, New York 11976. Any such request must be received within six months of the date of the Twitter Party.
9. Sponsor: The sponsor of this twitter party is Macaroni Kid, 860 Montauk Highway, Water Mill, NY 11976.
10. Release: By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify: (i) Macaroni Kid, LLC, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers and advertising and promotion agencies; and (ii) the sponsor identified above from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to: (i) entrant’s participation in the Giveaway, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s))