The 2020-21 school year will look like no other. We will need to offer our teachers, administrators, and OURSELVES as much grace, kindness, and patience as we can muster during this uncertain school year. Macaroni Kid wants to help you make this school year a success, no matter what it might look like for your family. Here is a compilation of useful resources and ideas to make this a year to remember -- for the right reasons:
Make your kids' day brighter with these free printables:
- Free Printables! Brighten Your Child's Day With a Love Note
- Back-to-School Printables to Celebrate that First Day
Prepping for this strange, strange school year:
- Gimme a Break! Brain Break Ideas to Get Kids Through the School Day
- Six Tips to Create an At-Home Learning Space
- Little Kids and Big Feelings
- 10 Tips to Prepare Your Kids and Your Home for Distance Learning
- Tips For Going Back to School in a Pandemic
- Let's Get Organized: How Do I Get Ready for At-Home Learning?
- 5 Tips to Help Your Child Adjust to Wearing a Face Mask at School
- DIY: Taking Soap on the Go
Helping our schools and teachers:
- 4 Simple Ways to Help Our Neighborhood Schools
- Give to a teacher project at DonorsChoose.org
- Support the Black Teacher Project
School year eats for those busy days:
- Lower Your Monthly Grocery Bill With These 6 Money Saving Tips
- Back to Learning with Fun Lunch Ideas
- How to Create a Monthly Meal Plan That Works For Your Family
- Simply Delicious: Five Ingredient (or Less!) Recipes
- Cook Once and Create 5 Meals!
- Fuel Your Kids' Greatness with Mavericks Kids Healthy Snacks
- Your local Macaroni Kid site will connect you with a free calendar of events in your area, along with ideas for things to do with your kids.
- CertifiKID can help you find tips and deals on attractions and events in your area during the pandemic.
- Facebook can help you connect with parent groups in your town.
- Time for THE TALK with your kids? Read 10 Things I Learned from Pill Club about having THE TALK with our Kids.