Use these love-themed conversation starters to get the family talking around the dinner table. Each night, pull out one heart and go around the table having each person answer the question. The conversation starters are simple and kid-friendly, but fun so you can keep the kids interested and chatting. There are no rules about how to get the conversation started.
Valentine-themed conversation starters
- A jar or other container to hold your hearts
- Paper for hearts in colors of your family's choice
- A list of questions or sentence starters. We can help you get started with this free printable!
- Cut out small hearts from your colored paper - have the kids help! We cut 4 to a page on a standard piece of construction paper.
- Write one conversation starter on each heart, or cut and paste a question from our printable.
- Place all the hearts in the jar and pull one out each day to talk about. Once you've used a heart you can hang it up in your dining area, or even save it for next year.
You can do one these Valentine-themed conversation starters each day leading up to Valentine's Day, or you can continue the fun for the entire month of February. Enjoy finding out more about each other and talking over dinner!