This year my family is trying to continue as many traditions as possible, despite having to really get creative on how some of those traditions are celebrated.
One of the ways we're getting creative this year is by putting our Elf on the Shelf in quarantine during his first days at our home.
We want to make sure our Elf helps us stay healthy, and yet we don't want him to miss out on the holiday fun! This quarantine, of course, means he can't move for at least a few days ... surely I'm not the only person who feels a bit of relief at that news.
But you can still keep up the fun with this free printable! This way everyone knows the Elf is in quarantine. Do. Not. Disturb.
How to put your elf in quarantine:
- Print your free quarantine notice.
- Fill in the blank with the date that your elf completes quarantine.
- Place the completed quarantine notice next to your Elf on the Shelf in the location of the quarantine.
- Make sure the Elf on the Shelf doesn't move until the quarantine is complete!
- On the day they are out of quarantine, begin moving the elf daily until they return to the North Pole on December 24th.
Sarah Boucher is the publisher of Macaroni Kid Grand Haven, Spring Lake, and Muskegon, Mich.