Most mornings in our house are hectic trying to get everyone up, dressed, fed, and out the door.
One of my family's favorite morning go-to breakfasts that hit the needed quick, nutritious, and delicious trifecta?
Egg muffins are super easy to make and last us all week.
These egg muffins can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Simply warm them up in the microwave for 30 seconds, and you're ready to eat.
In a pinch, you can even make egg muffins a grab-and-go breakfast. As my kids know, you can eat them on the way to the bus stop, and as I know, you can eat them in the car on the way to work.
Egg muffins are also great to bring for a brunch get-together!
bhofack | Canva
- 12 large eggs
- Shredded cheese (any flavor or combination)
- Chopped ingredients of your choice.
Suggested additions: Mushroom, green pepper, cooked bacon, tomato, spinach, cooked sausage, onion, or any other ingredients that you would include in an omelet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Add desired chopped ingredients.
- Break an egg in each muffin cup and stir with a fork to break the yolk.
- Top with additional shredded cheese if desired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
samael 334 | Canva
Jenny Sites is the publisher of Macaroni KID Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania-Stafford, Va.